Friday, November 06, 2009

Help! I'm In Twitmo, or Adventures of a Twitter User

Twitter. If you do not know by now what twitter is, I will tell you. Twitter is a message program online. Each message is limited to 140 characters. Twitter is a tool that enables people globally to reach out with their opinions and or personal message.

Twitter is widely used, and at times gets over loaded.

Twitter  Over capacity - Google Chrome 1062009 41913 PM.bmp

The icon for Twitter is a cute little blue bird. A message is called, a tweet. It is an easy to use program and you can follow others that share the same values and idesa that you do.

Friends, (or Twends) that you ADD onto your Twitter account is called FOLLOWING People befriending you are called FOLLOWERS

In Twitter, people add the prefix TW to everyday words to Twitterize them. In a nutshell, this is Twitter.

During the recent protests in Iran, when the government tried to close the lines of communication, protesters used Twitter to spread messages and get information out of Iran. The U.S. government even implored Twitter to not go offline for routine maintenance as not to close the Irain Protesters lines of communication.

00zhupix4blog

Twits, (Twitterers, Twitter users) some changed their listed location as Iran during this time to hamper Iranians shut down efforts. Others changed their profile photos to green in a visual show of sollidarity with the Iranain protesers.

Support Iran Protests! #Iranelection on Flickr - Photo Sharing! - Google Chrome 1162009 82609 AM

Today, if you watch television, you will find newscasters and TV shows giving out their Twitter ID so that you can follow them. My twitter ID is:
www.twitter.com/Trpster

Twitter  Home - Google Chrome 1162009 75135 AM


I think I have explained twitter for those who have not used it or heard of it. It is VERY easy to use.

Now that I have explained the use of Twitter. It is another way of communicating. People today are able to access and post on Twitter not only from their computers, but also from their cellphones, and at least one online game community that I am aware of.

SmallWorlds Trpster's 2nd Floor - Google Chrome 1162009 84731 AM.bmp

People even use Twitter to post photos for their Tweeps to see. Twitter is used so much that each day we are finding more applications written for the use of twitter users. People can access twitter not only from their home computer, but also from their cellphones using apps designed for this purpose.

The Iranian Protesters not only used www.flickr.com to upload and post photos of the event, they also posted them via twitter for the world to see.

I just love this pic!! Made me smile! #tcot on Twitpic - Google Chrome 1162009 103059 AM

People twitter for fun, for business, and TO PROTEST This is why I first experienced a phenomenon Twits are calling TWITMO, or Being in TWITMO.

Twitter IS screening and or censoring Twitter accounts by limiting them by "placing them in time-out"

While in "time-out" you lose your voice. You are unable to send out tweets. They are unclear as to how long your account has been silenced for, only saying that you have exceeded your "update limit" and to wait a few hours.

NOTE People twitter back and forth all day, holding conversations, posting opinions and such. Until this week I have never had this happen to me. It also happened to many of my friends and fellow protesters.

What is it that we are protesting you ask? HEALTH CARE REFORM HR3962

HCRProtest2

Many of us do not like it, do not want it, and WANT TO BE HEARD

How are we trying to get our voices heard? By calling our Senators and Congress, open protests in Washington DC, Tea Parties and by contacting our Senators and Congress via twitter. Along with the Tweets to Congress To coordinate our effort we added the hashtag #tweetcongress

(2) Twitter  Search - #tweetcongress - Google Chrome 1162009 91939 AM

(Hashtags are identifiers that enable a twitter user to locate twitter messages that contain a topic they may want to search.)

I was contacted (tweeted) by a friend,(follower) who told me that www.twitter.com was screening accounts and told how to check and see if my tweets were being screened, in essence, being blocked from the view of all save those following me.

I was told to send one out to @NancyPelosi. (Tweets are addressed in this fashion, the "at sign" and twitter account name. It's like sending a 140 character email really, except everyone can read it unless it is a Direst Message.)

So, I did this, I tweeted:

"Just Say NO to HR3962 Taxes on My Health Insurance http://bit.ly/2aE3lq
@NancyPelosi @boblatta @marybonomack #tweetcongress
"

And then I searched the #hashtag. GUESS WHAT! I had been silenced The Powers That Be at www.twitter.com decided that I am not to be allowed the right of contacting my congressmen. I am unable to contact my Senator. (Unless, of course, they are following me. Like that is going to happen!)

Silence Is Gold on Flickr - Photo Sharing! - Google Chrome 1162009 93915 AM

I have been placed in TWITMO. Silenced for voicing my opinion. Unable to be heard via Twitter by none but my friend, those who choose to follow me, and unable to post an update on twitter for a cumulative time of over 7 hours.

HCRProtest

In a world where OUR government, the U.S. Government, asked Twitter to fore go scheduled down time to enable the protesters in Iran the free use of twitter to
voice their opposition to their government, I, a natural born U.S. Citizen am being
disallowed this same basic freedom.

How am I feeling? #pissedoffatbeingcensored!



5 comments:

Linda J. Hutchinson said...

I'm probably next because I can't seem to keep my mouth shut when it comes to the atrocities being set forth against Americans by the American government. Hasn't happened yet, but several of my followers have experienced Twitmo. Wonder how much Twitter has been paid by god-wannabe B.O. and his faithful Marxist followers to CENSOR us...

P.J. Trpster said...

Thank you Linda for your comments. It indeed hurts me to my core to see deliberate censorship taking place.

I received this letter today. Many of you may know the writer of this letter. I will post it here:

"HI,

Brilliant Blog!

I was adding a comment when I noticed it would be attached to a Google account. More Nazis! I ask that you append your blog with this statement. Might make an interesting finish.
------------------------------------------------------
This is Sam Adams or to many of you, RedDevilRio.

This blog is ON TARGET. Yesterday Twitter went beyond mere confinement. They took a book directly out of the Iranian Protest Suppression Handbook

They executed RedDevilRio.

Yes, they suspended the account.

And what for? Well, RedDevilRio, who has had his tweets screened for well over a month, had organized a campaign which has generated close to a million Just Say NO on HR3962 tweets to Nancy Pelosi and the Blue Dog Democrats.

Round him up! SHOOT HIM

That is Twitter's answer to We The People. Kill off the leaders and intimidate the rest.

Well Twitter, let me tell YOU something. We expected nothing less from the liberals who run this company. That is why We the Twits of Liberty have been opening new accounts by the score, "sleeper cells" you might say, to prepare for your repression. You may have silenced the RedDevilRio but, to use a famous line of the Governor of California,

"I'LL BE BACK!"

Sam Adams
Founder, The Twits of Liberty"

If you think this is an important message, please share this blog post with others.

PJ Trpster

CLEEVN said...

I was in TWITMO 3 times and I'm still being screened. #tweetcongress was the cause of this. I don't know what to do about it. I'm part of the group with RedDevilRio. After RedDevilRio's account was suspended, I, along with others, contacted Twitter about it. The account was restored and isn't being screened at this time. Many of us are still being screened. I feel frustrated. It's like someone has tied me up, taped my mouth, and thrown me in a dark abyss.

Unknown said...

I was suspended just before the Presidential election -- I have no way to prove my personal thoughts as to why I was suspended. But I think that it was political --- This is part of the email sent to me to let me now why ??? As you can See it`s not much of an explanation ! Hi,

Thanks for your e-mail. Accounts are generally suspended due to one or more of the following reasons:

* Aggressive following (e.g. following 500+ people at a time)
* High number of spam complaints
* High number of blocks
* Posting a number of links identified as spam
* Using our @reply feature for advertising/spam

I still don`t know Why ??? But with current Twitter actions My original Thoughts seem to make That to be the best explanation !!! --- CLHunting --

P.J. Trpster said...

I really appreciate the comments and sharing of your personal stories.

Thank you.

In looking at the "list of reasons" I can say that I did not:

Aggressively follow anyone, I am not aware of any blocks, and I was careful not to spam.

The only possible reason I can figure that may be "a" cause are the #tweetcongress tweets. They were addressed to multiple addressees, (@NancyPelosi @SenatorReid.........)

Now, IMHO these were simple attempts to correspond with our congressional and Senatorial leaders.

Now to find a way to get the screeing lifted. It indeed does suck to not be able to send tweets to others that are not on your follower list. I CAN'T TWEET @FOXANDFRIENDS!

I look forward to more comments. I want to know your plight!

If you are reading my blog, please send out a tweet about it with the url, as I said, I am being screened and cannot get the word out very far.

I am left to "preach to the choir."